Re: [Gimp-developer] New Image/Color Management option

On 05/12/2016 09:05 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 3:46 PM, Elle Stone wrote:
There is a new "Image/Color Management" option to "Enable Color Management".
The option is checked by default. For sRGB images, checking or unchecking
the option doesn't seem to make any difference.

What is the purpose of this new option? It doesn't do the same thing as
going to Preferences and selecting "Color Management/Mode of operation/No
color management".

It isn't supposed to. This is a per-image option.

I do already understand that the new option "does something different" than the option in Preferences.

I do already understand that the new option is a "per image" option.

What I don't understand is why and how the new option produces different results for sRGB images vs images in other RGB color spaces.

Also, what is/are the use case(s) for disabling color management on a "per image" basis?

Best,
Elle