Re: [Gimp-developer] suggestions

Actually, I'm on Linux, and I don't see the file size listed either.
I don't personally care much, because I know that GIMP is damn small
compared to most high-powered graphics applications, but still I can see
that some folks may care the first time they download from the website.

If anything, the file size should be listed as a benefit to using GIMP. :)

It would also be nice if people could see good reasons not to comment,
as one user has posted online (I think at answers.yahoo.com), that GIMP
is "not as good as Photoshop".

We're not anti-Photoshop, we are pro-GIMP. :) People can have their
opinions, and we should either cheerfully accept them, or post friendly
suggestions on how to do the Photoshop-like things they desire in GIMP to
convince them otherwise. I've found that anything else would be a waste of
(everyone's) time. For some, nothing but Photoshop will work for their
graphics needs. It's no use arguing with them, because they have already
made up their mind, and it's more important to think they are correct than
it is to learn new things and expand your graphics tool-set. However if you
can post a tutorial or links to show how the same effects can be done in
GIMP, it will go a long way to get others around to seeing what an
excellent tool GIMP is for pro-grade graphics work.

My 2p.
-C

-