Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP 2.9 XCF files and digiKam, gnome file browsers, etc

Hello Elle,

On Tue, 15 Mar 2016 10:42:23 -0400 Elle Stone <ellestone ninedegreesbelow com> wrote:

On 03/15/2016 09:56 AM, wwp wrote:
Hello Elle,

On Sun, 3 Jan 2016 17:53:42 -0500 Elle Stone <ellestone ninedegreesbelow com> wrote:

Does anyone know of *any* image viewer that can display a thumbnail for GIMP 2.9 XCF files?

XnViewMP does.

Are you saying that the closed-source freeware XnViewMP can actually *create* and display a thumbnail for a
GIMP 2.9 XCF file? Or maybe it's using the thumbnails generated by GIMP (and apparently not saved to the
right location on my computer)?

If XnViewMP creates thumbnails from XCF files, can it create a thumbnail even if the XCF file is saved as a
32-bit floating point file or with other features not compatible with GIMP 2.8?

Sorry, I'm afraid that's too much questions for me, I don't know what
it does and how, and just saying that in XnViewMP, the XCF files are
shown like other image file formats, i.e. showing thumbnails in files
list.

Regards,

--
wwp