Re: [Gimp-developer] Pencil - Tool Options and Hardness

Hi all,

The Tool Options of the Pencil and Paintbrush are identical... the unique difference is that Pencil don't have antialiasing... so, hard edges.

This is the concept of Pencil tool... to have, a Paintbrush with a hard-edge option is an option... but, if you can a tool with hard-edge... you need also the Hardness disabled... for me it seems a paradox condition. The Paintbrush with hard edge, no antialising, is necessary to have the Hardness disabled... so, when I choose hard-edge option (alias Pencil), the hardness must appears faded (off).

I prefer to maintain the Pencil... and to cut only the hardness parameter of tool options... the Pencil tool is a classic. The unique equivocated option in the tool options is the Hardness.

The idea about, if I have understood well, to have not-antialiasing in the brush... it seems a bit strange for me, essentially because we can do it using hard-edge stains... normally I use the Pencil tool to create these stains. Normally, if you have a hard-edge stain, and you need a bit more soft stain... we can use the hardness slider and also a curve in the paint dynamics to control the hardness.

thanks,
americo