Re: [Gimp-developer] Scanning coins

Well, you can acquire an image from a scanner if you have twain plugin
built. :)

On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 9:32 AM, Ofnuts <ofnuts gmx com> wrote:
On 13/01/16 18:11, billgoldbeach frontier com wrote:

     Greetings, I have heard Gimp is great for scanning images of coins to
be sold internet. Can you tell me to set up Gimp to do this?Regard,William.
Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Tablet

Gimp has no built-in scanning capabilities. Even if you can scan from Gimp,
it will rely on some external application to do the scanner capture. Gimp is
then used to edit the image. Most/all scanners come with a scanner
application...