Re: [Gimp-developer] Border artifact from using nohalo to scale a layer with an alpha channel

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 11:37 PM, Elle Stone
<ellestone ninedegreesbelow com> wrote:
On 02/23/2016 07:45 AM, Øyvind Kolås wrote:

In general it is better to open new bug-reports, rather than re-open
old ones seeming similar - long threads of possibly different problems
discussed in comments makes it hard to follow progress of an issue.
This issue seems like it might already have a bug though bug #698468.

/pippin

Pippin, thanks! I completely forgot to ask the main question, which was
whether to post a GIMP or a GEGL bug report.

Well it depends simply if you know (or think in case you don't know)
if this is a bug on GIMP or GEGL. If the project settings was a
mistake, developers can always re-qualify bug owners anyway. So that's
not a problem. :-)

Jehan

Elle

Scaling up or down using nohalo produces a partially transparent border
around the layer if the layer has an alpha channel. This is a
long-standing
issue that still obtains (at least scaling down has produced the edge
artifact for a long time, bug 698601 describes the opposite situtation
for
scaling up).

I only just discovered that removing the alpha channel at least sometimes
allows to scale a layer without creating the edge artifacts. So I'm not
sure
if removing the alpha channel always allows to scale without creating
edge
artifacts.

This bug was confirmed using babl/GEGL/GIMP updated today.

Should I file a new bug report? or maybe instead open one of the old bug
reports?

Elle