Re: [Gimp-developer] Adding better LCH support to GIMP 2.10

On 02/07/2016 06:06 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
Personally, I find darktable's Color Zones module [1] a far better
alternative. It's more flexible, for instance.

I don't mean any disrespect to you or to darktable. That looks like a nice tool built on top of LCH. Personally I'd probably never use it, but that's a matter of editing style.

But in what universe is that tool more flexible than giving users direct control of color through LCH and Luminance blend layers, along with the ability to modify Lightness, Hue, Chroma directly using an LCH Hue-Chroma tool?

How will that tool allow the user to sample LCH colors to see what colors are actually in an image? As an aside, a bunch of RGB values is singularly unhelpful information unless the user intends to do a bunch of RGB to LCH conversions at the command line.

How will that tool allow the user to choose paint pigments colors from a LCH pigment color wheel?

Elle