Re: [Gimp-developer] [darktable-dev] Darktable plug-in in GIMP - Darktable for Windows?

On 04/25/2016 09:21 AM, Tobias Ellinghaus wrote:
>Maybe I don't understand what you mean by "select the Canon or Nikon
>format in the open dialog"? If it matters, the sample raw file I'm
>trying to open is a Canon CR2 file.
There is a way to specify how to open an image in the lower left hand corner
of the open dialog:
http://picpaste.de/pics/Bildschirmfoto170-aGlsQVzQ.1461590441.png

Thanks! for the screen shot. I completely overlooked the "how to open an image" option in the lower left hand corner. But the Select File Type option doesn't list Canon Cr2 Raw files as one of the options.

On 04/25/2016 09:31 AM, Michael Natterer wrote:
You need the EXR plug-in built (have OpenEXR),

I have openexr and darktable installed through Gentoo portage. According to the terminal output, GIMP OpenEXR and darktable plug-ins are both built and installed. And both plug-ins show up in /home/elle/code/gimpdefault/install/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/

after the build, and have darktable in your PATH,

The darktable executable is in /usr/bin, which is in my PATH:
$ echo $PATH
/home/elle/code/gimpdefault/install/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin (and so on . . . )

then things should
work automatically after my file magic fixes.

Raw files opened from GIMP still aren't being opened in darktable. Instead it looks like the embedded jpeg is opened in GIMP. I'm clueless what I might be doing wrong but I'll try again tomorrow with a completely fresh build.

Elle