Re: [Gimp-developer] Help to write plugin

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 6:35 AM, Andrea Bortesi wrote:
Hi to all, I'm searching for someone to write an gimp plugin for me.
I'm unable to do it.
I don't know how to do in this case.
I'm sorry if this is not the correct place to call help.
If someone have time to spend for me please contact me.
The plugin should visualize the live webcam image into a layer.
I need it to overlay other image with transparent portion to see through it
the webcam video.
Is intended only to see the result in real time, not to generate a static
image.

Hi Andrea,

GIMP is not the right tool for that.

Perhaps you would have more luck with some VJ app that would take
your live video input, overlay some image on top of it, and display
the composite image on a display. On Linux that would be FreeJay,
Lives, VeeJay, or Qeve.

Alex