[Gimp-developer] GIMP Student Project

Hi all,

My name is Pratyusha Gupta and I'm a current undergrad Computer Science
student at the University of Pennsylvania. Scott Freeman (another student)
and I are tackling the Google Summer of Code proposed project to create
support for Javascript plug-ins
<http://wiki.gimp.org/wiki/Hacking:GSoC/2011/Ideas#Support_writing_JavaScript_plug-ins>
for
our Open Source Software class. Currently, we're reading and understanding
the source code, the script_fu plug-in library, and the general process for
creating a plug-in. We have begun very recently, but we are documenting our
progress in this wiki <https://github.com/samrocketman/libgimp.js/wiki>. We
wanted to introduce ourselves to the community and understand whether this
project was something that GIMP still needed. Additionally, we wanted to
ask if there was any existing progress on this project (we have not found
any) that we could build off of.

Thank you!

Best,
Pratyusha