Re: [Gimp-developer] sRGB was second worst performer against spectral reference

Am 13.05.2015 um 07:52 schrieb Nicolas Robidoux <nicolas robidoux gmail com>:

"We won't provide any conclusions because the results in the given tests
context are self explanatory."

This is another way to say: "Trying to put things in context so that the
results are relevant to real life would expose us to criticism, so we'll
say it's obvious so that other people get the dunce cap."

No, the conclusion is quiet easy. And it’s what Elle says for, AFAIK, more than a year.

Results of operations on RGB data depend on the given RGB primaries and will differ with different RGB
primaries. So, all operations on user RGB data should only use user RGB primaries and not sRGB primaries or
any other RGB primaries chosen by developers.

Simone Karin