Re: [Gimp-developer] Question about Neon Edge Detection Feature

Hello David --

Thank you for your compliment and sharing your work - but
these lists do not accept e-mail attachments - they are automatically removed.

You will have to find a web page and upload your work there, and share
the links.

You might also be interested in sending the links to gimp-users list,
so as to reach
a broader audience.

As for the filters: They are pure mathematical  operations, and are
actually simple in nature.
They are specific kernel convolution operators (at least most of them
- maybe one or other of
GIMP's algorithms include some other step, like coloring up the results).

You can read more about this type of operation here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernel_(image_processing)

And most importantly - you can try different custom convolutions in GIMP using
the generic convolution filter you can find at
"Filters->Generic>Convolution Matrix"

Regards,

  js