[Gimp-developer] Configurable target selection by the "Auto" button on the Levels dialog

Hi,

The "Auto" button on the Levels dialog has a fixed behaviour today (which I
don't know exactly which is).

Its behaviour should be configurable by the user. Here are two possible
behaviours that should be available (maybe there are more, I'm not sure):

   - choose the exact darker and lighter pixels as the black and white
   point targets respectively
   - choose the darker and lighter pixel for the black and white point
   targets after discarding a configurable percentage of the darker and
   lighter pixels first. I.e., to choose the black point target, first discard
   the x % darker pixels and them choose the darker pixel on the remaining
   ones. x here would be a configurable parameter. The same process would be
   used for the white point target. The configurable value of discarded pixels
   for black and white point target automatic selection should be independent
   of one another.

The first behaviour can probably be considered an special case of the
second where the configurable percentage of discarded pixels for both black
and white points is set to zero.

The user interface for this functionality could be accessed by the user
double clicking the "Auto" button.

Regards,

Rodrigo Severo

--

*Rodrigo Severo* | DIRETOR DE TECNOLOGIA
Tel. *+55 61 3030-1515*

fabricadeideias.com <http://www.fabricadeideias.com/>
12 ANOS DE TECNOLOGIA E COMUNICAÇÃO
NUMA COMBINAÇÃO PERFEITA