Re: [Gimp-developer] Fwd: gimp: gtk3-port

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 1:00 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine
<alexandre prokoudine gmail com> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 1:56 PM, Jiří Podhorský wrote:
Hello,

can you please update branch gtk3-port?

Jiří,

That branch is not actively being worked on. Right now it's a low
priority. We welcome contributions though.

This said, just rebasing the branch (which is simply the problem here,
I think, because there indeed has been some recent changes on GEGL
which would make old GIMP code not buildable) is not very difficult,
but it still takes time (because after a while, you end up with some
merge issues here and there). So we do it usually when we actually
want to work on this branch for a reason or another.
But as Alexandre says, this is very low priority (2 major versions
away!) so that does not happen a lot.

I would simply advise you to rebase the branch locally if all you need
is having it build.
Of course if what you want is working on it and provide code, yes
patches are much welcome.

Jehan

Alex