Re: [Gimp-developer] Maintaining buffers in a custom format in GIMP for EXR support

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 02:05:44PM +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
A somewhat unrelated question... With proposed changes, would the
plugin be able to handle loading, then exporting single-channel
greyscale EXR files?

It can, and it can also write single-channel with the original data
as-is (though chromaticities aren't defined in this case in the EXR
format). The file plug-in would have access to the original data as-is
to do as it wants with it.

I wonder if the proposed method is necessary though. Maybe all this
already happens behind the scenes when an icc is passed as a
parasite. Would gimp_drawable_get_buffer() return a buffer in the
appropriate format? I don't know what the plans are, so that's why I
ask. :)

                Mukund