Re: [Gimp-developer] Need help with Python plugin exporting to raw file (using Gimp 2.9)

Hi Alek_

it turns out that the Python bindings for GIMP had not been updated to
deal with higher precision images as of yet.

Don't despair - since you had built GIMP master, this is as good time
as any to get it going. :-)

You can get to know the image precision (and even set it) thorugh the
PDB, though, with a call to:

pdb.gimp_image_get_precision

Now - for the actual business: I think there are two ways to go - one
short term, with
a "get" and "set" buffer method on Python drawables that will just
copy the inner image data
and make it available in a Python array. That would suffice for most
needs like yours, I guess.

The other, longer term and proper way, is to write calls to get the
proper GEGL Buffer objects
in Python, using GEGL Python bindings - that will allow the use of any
of GEGL's operations
on GIMP Image data and commit it back - but it will also require the
python-gegl package.

Those bindings are currently living in my personal repo, and  could
work for you right now, as they do allow access to the buffer data -
but you have to build GEGL with the extra "--enable-introspection"
switich to get then going.
(http://github.com/jsbueno/python-gegl )

But -- let's focus in enabling one to get the high-depth pixel
contents from GIMP without need for those for now.
Feel free to poke me again in 24 hours if there are no news on this subject.

  js
 -><-