Re: [Gimp-developer] Ctrl-clicking your way to a new layer mask

On 12/31/2015 09:51 AM, C R wrote:
Looks cool.
Although I like the idea of being able to modifier-click on the layers, I worry that when layers become multi-selectable in GIMP, the ctrl-key may be better used to toggle-select individual layers (shift being used to select a sub-section of layers). This is the convention used in most browsers and other programs. Maybe try the alt key as a modifier instead of ctrl?

No it wouldn't interfere as you need to click on the image same as you do for the layer mask to select either you'd only be adding functionality to it.

Re: "... better control of the layer mask for those times where having a keyboard shortcut is impossible"

Under what circumstances would you have access to the ctrl-key and not other hotkeys? :)

Easy as i've explained before so many times, when you have have too many applications opened at the same time all competing for shortcuts, i already don't have enough keys to accomodate all them as is. Maybe you don't have that issue but i'm hardly the only one in that situation.