[Gimp-developer] Query about Brushes and names

Dear Sir or Madam,
I do hope my query doesn't automatically go out to all developers - I don't want to pester everyone with it!
My apologies if I have done so.

I just have a query about GIMP and if it is possible to change names of brushes - the boxes that I would have
expected to take input for names don't let me do so which is why I'm addressing this to developers directly.

I notice also that there is a "filter" option and wondered how a person might tag brushes with filterable
options?

I attached an image with a couple of screenshots added in case I am not being clear - I don't know the names
for the 'bits' and am just starting as a gimp user.

Thanking you in advance for any advice you may be able to offer me,

Andrew Francis