Re: [Gimp-developer] Precision Conversion Dithering and Triangular wave gradient issues

On 09/02/2014 01:48 PM, Simon Budig wrote:
Elle Stone (ellestone ninedegreesbelow com) wrote:
0x00000000004e7b7f in gimp_blend_tool_motion (tool=0x33f3370,
coords=<optimized out>, time=<optimized out>, state=GDK_BUTTON1_MASK,
display=0xe58180)
     at gimpblendtool.c:450
450       if (GIMP_IS_CANVAS_LINE (blend_tool->line))
(gdb)

At that point please enter "bt" (for backtrace) and post the result.

Typing "bt" is the same as typing "backtrace", yes? Once GIMP segfaults, I can't type anything into the terminal where gdb is running. Fortunately I can open a new tab (tabbed terminal) and close the whole window using "File/Close Window". Otherwise nothing much works correctly until gdb is shut down.

Also a "print blend_tool" and a "print blend_tool->line" would be
helpful.

gdb said there wasn't such a thing available. Should I recompile GIMP using different options more suited for debugging? I'm not sure what those options would be, so a list would help.

Thanks,
          Simon