Re: [Gimp-developer] unified "artistic tools"

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 5:34 PM, Johann wrote:

i talked about the airbrush, brush, pencil and ink, and not about the eraser,

Well, I did say that the Airbrush has tool-specific options, namely,
rate and flow. Personally, I can't see how you can merge those.

So 3 out of 5 tools (Airbrush, Brush, Pencil, Ink, Eraser) turn out to
be "exceptions" that can't be merged -- at least, without a proper
plan and a usability research.

That said, I do think that unless we can provide a way for Brush and
Pencil to use separate brushes, keeping  them as different tools makes
no sense whatsoever to me. The pencil is supposed to always draw
sharp(er) thin lines which it doesn't even do by default.

Alex