Re: [Gimp-developer] Floyd-Steinberg/GIF color optimization

On Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 17:04:14, Robert Hanson wrote:

The problem comes when I have a small molecule with not too many colors. If
I go just over 256, then the FS algorithm cuts this down to something like
64 colors. I'm wondering if I could get some advise as to how to optimize a
set of colors down to 255 colors without undershooting in such a dramatic
way while still using FS.

In my opinion, the colour reduction algorithm in GIMP 1.2 produces
better results than the algorithm in GIMP 2.x.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

Actually, it only SEEMS as though you mustn't be deceived by appearances.
       -- The Obvious Law