Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP 2.8 on OS X fixes

Hi Simone,

an honest thank you for your efforts.
In my build I'm also patching gtk-mac-integration
so this might be of your interest.
The patches are in /build/osx/patches of the build-osx
branch.

0002-Improve-internationalization-of-App-menu-and-other-s.patch:
The current App menu implementation assumes that the application's name
is at the end of the 'Hide' and 'Quit' menu item in all languages. This
is grammatically incorrect for some languages, such as German.
The patch inserts placeholders for the app name and fixes the
translations where necessary.
Fix references to the internationalization table ("GtkOSXApplication")
to ensure these strings are recognized at runtime.
Fix broken encoding in the ro, ru, uk languages.
Add language pt_BR (Brazilian Portuguese).

0003-Keep-separators-between-placeholders.patch:
Keeps menu separators between menu placeholders.
It fixes the issue that some separators got lost in the menus,
for instance the one between File/Send as e-mail and File/Properties
etc.

As you're forking gtk-mac-integration you might want to integrate them,
too.

Kind regards,

Sven