Re: [Gimp-developer] implement save handler troubles

Hi Michael,

I would argue whose answer was more annoying ...

anyway, thank you for your hint, at least something.

Regarding the version, I specified it so that we were sure that I
haven't missed something, but I was almost sure that my problems have
nothing to do with the particular Gimp version. (I mean, perhaps
somebody would know that there used to be a bug which is fixed now.)

So just for those who might have similar problems in the future:

The "save" procedure must not have NULL as "image_type" argument in
"gimp_install_procedure" call. I know that this was quite difficult to
guess without the source code snippet, however if somebody really was
keen to help, he/she would perhaps ask for the relevant code, rather
than answering "Er...why".

The solution of the main problem was to include
GIMP_EXPORT_CAN_HANDLE_LAYERS flag in the "gimp_export_image" call.
Something what I would expect to be an instant answer on the expert
forum like this.

Pavel