[Gimp-developer] OS X build/Python failure

Hi,

in order to fix the missing translations in the OS X build
I tried to build GIMP 2.8 for OS X on my system, following
Claytons [README].
However, when it comes to install and build GIMP (the line
JHB=gimp GIMP_SDK=10.6 jhbuild bootstrap ), Python fails
to recognize the existing file $HOME/.jhbuild-gimp.
Granting execute permissions to that file with chmod +x didn't
help.

I'm on OS X 10.9 with a fresh XCode and Python 2.7.5.
I also removed the former JHBuild artifacts and restarted the
process from scratch.

Does anybody here have an idea how to solve this?

Thank you in advance,

Sven

[README]:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gimp/plain/build/osx/README?h=gimp-2-8