Re: [Gimp-developer] Soft proofing and the GIMP Display Filters and Color Management settings

On 03/03/2014 03:16 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
02 марта 2014 г. 21:46 пользователь "Elle Stone" <
ellestone ninedegreesbelow com> написал:

4. The Color Proof display filter should include the option to enable and
disable marking out of gamut colors, overriding any choice made in
"Preferences/Color Management".

IMO, it's worth having a look how much we can salvage from
http://registry.gimp.org/node/24944.

Alexandre

I downloaded the Color Management+ display filter plugin code. It does use lcms1. So I'm reading through the CM+ code and the LCMS2 documentation, the goal being to match LCMS2 functions up with the lcms1 functions used by the the plugin.

Soft proofing of course is used for more than just converting an RGB image to a CMYK color space. But probably the very useful CM+ plugin features (gray scale channel displays, for example) could be generalized.