Re: [Gimp-developer] [Gimp-user] Close up color gaps

… First : it's almost impossible to join you to report a problem or a bug. I can understand that you are volunteers faced with many requests but it doesn't explain or excuse nothing because if you are responsible of a project you have to be in touch with your users. When I was volunteers for others projects it was my philosophy. Since in the mailing lists you can't find absolultely nothing because there is no mecanism of search in thousands and thousands and thousands of pages ! Second : I have several problems with Gimp and I could not find nothing in the lists or other bugs pages : hopeless. My prinicipal problems : I could download the GIMP 2.6 french Mac manual… But after downloading the .zip and opening it, I installed the package and the result of this installation on my hard disk is only another « package » which make… another installation but all ends with an « error » in this second installation… I tried ten times and each ended with the same result. And impossible to find an explanation in the lists or bug reports : am I alone to have this problem ???? The other problem I have with Gimp: The ufraw which is integrated in 2.6 GIMP (my operating system is Mac OS 10.4.11) cann't read correctly the raws of my camera. So, I should need to download the ufraw 0.19.2 which knows this camera… I could download it but I obtain a folder and I don't know how install it in Gimp and… and one more time, impossible to find a help in any part. Sure, I'm not a good computerist and perhaps I'm not able to work with free softwares, but I was able to work with my macs from approximatively 30 years and I could do maintenance and repairs for ten computers in my job. So I'm not so stupid but I can need for help !!! and I don't find where is the help in your world and I'm sorry because the free softwares are a fantastic idea but which would require some solidarity. I did'nt find it here.
Perhaps can you explain to me ?
Best regards,
Pierre Jacquin.