[Gimp-developer] Getting contributors via OpenHatch: Beginner documentation

On  29.5.2014 at 10:27 PM Ed . wrote:

There aren't any formal barriers to contributing to GIMP. There are
definitely some formidable (ha!) barriers in the practical sense. Until
we provide a clear step-by-step guide (on say Debian) to getting GIMP
compiled from git, only the most highly-motivated and
already-knowledgeable people will be *able* to contribute.

Let's not reduce our pool of contributors that way!

Ed

+1

I also found this as a IMHO quite good beginner documentation:
https://wiki.videolan.org/Getting_Started_At_Coding/ and
https://wiki.videolan.org/Compile_VLC/

Kind regards,

Sven