[Gimp-developer] GimpSpinScale Styling

Hello.

   I have been experimenting with GIMP/GTK UI themes and have reached the GimpSpinScale widgets where I have
found a puzzle.

  On my Windows 7, GIMP 2.8.10 setup I find I can style some parts of the widgets, almost to my satisfaction,
but some odd behaviour remains, which can be seen in this post:

http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10531&start=30#p144285

My puzzles are:
1. The border colour the same as the text colour - I've looked at the Git commit and seen this is hard coded
- Why?

2. The label and editable text change colour depending on position of the bar - fg[SELECTED] when on top of
the bar and text[NORMAL] when not on top of the bar - is this intended?

3. The big puzzle is why the bar is drawn using the image file only when the value is above a certain
level/pixel width and below that threshold is being drawn using a solid bg[SELECTED] colour rectangle.

I would appreciate any insights.

Regards

Kevin