Re: [Gimp-developer] Enlarge image canvas with gimp_image_resize procedure

On 02/27/2014 10:53 AM, Alessandro Francesconi wrote:
I need to enlarge the area of an image using one of the available GIMP’s procedures. So, instead of using the
GIMP’s graphical interface and this tool http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-image-resize.html, I want to be able to
have the same effects on a C code.

The function that should be called is this one, right?
http://oldhome.schmorp.de/marc/pdb/gimp_image_resize.html

But it works when I need to shrink the canvas: on a 640x480 image, if I input smaller values the canvas is
actually cut. Instead, if I want to add a 20px transparent border along the area (so I type 680 and 520 px,
also with consistent offset values), the function just returns the original image.

How does it work? Thanks

Don't know about C, but that function works as advertised in a Python script, with a smaller or larger canvas.