Re: [Gimp-developer] ANNOUNCE: GIMP 2.8.12 released

Hi,

Am 26.08.2014 um 10:19 schrieb scl <scl gplus gmail com>:

Hi,

nice to read that ;-)

GIMP up to version 2.8.10 could run on OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
and later. I could provide an OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) build from the
original sources (i.e. with no extra plug-ins and other patches),
but I'm not able to provide support for OS X versions before that.

I was under the impression that you have access at least to a virtual machine running 10.6 or 10.7

Does anybody volunteer to build from the original, unmodified sources
for OS X 10.6 again? If necessary I could support the OS X packager by
answering arising questions by email.
If nobody did, could we live with not supporting versions prior to
OS X 10.9 in this release?

well, since OS X is the only platform for which ready to use binary packages are officially provided by
gimp.org, IMO there should be packages for every OS X version Apple supports. As of today that wold mean 10.7+

At least I will build packages for 10.7+ (but as you might know, with a lot of plugins and some small patches
;-) )

Simone Karin