Re: [Gimp-developer] Inches Ruler in 1/16th inch increments rather than decimal.

Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 10:29:46 -0400
From: mpigott avolution com
To: gimp-developer-list gnome org
Subject: [Gimp-developer] Inches Ruler in 1/16th inch increments rather than  decimal.

Inches Ruler in 1/16th inch increments rather than decimal.

The present ruler for Gimp is in decimal inches, it would be nice to have
an option to set it to fractional inches, which is more real world.

Regardless of the fact that my country, Canada has been metric since 1975,
there are times and used that require fractional inches.

Thanks

I agree.

Better yet, I would like to see an ability to
right-click the ruler in an image window and change its unit of measure
on the fly.  Convenient/expected as it is to have the ruler display
coordinates in image pixels, there may be some times where you want it
to be in a different UOM, and I'm not finding an option to control that
in 2.8 .

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com