Re: [Gimp-developer] New veres old

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 5:42 AM, Sally Willmot <bone_woman hotmail com> wrote:
I purchased the older version of Gimp some time ago, and I am so glad I did.
I dislike the new one, but ADORED the old 2.6  Thank you thank you thank you
for giving me the option of which one I wanted to run. You need to charge a
little for it, though. It is far too good to be free.

Feel free to donate:
http://www.gimp.org/donating/

I can't speak for everyone, but for me: the day GIMP switches to a
closed-source model will be a dark one, indeed.  Since it's
open-source, I can freely download it and modify it however I wish.
This is a great freedom, and not one to be given up lightly -
particularly in these days of "walled gardens".  It's free as in
freedom; free as in beer is merely a side effect.

Sorry - didn't mean to get all preachy there ;)

Chris