Re: [Gimp-developer] Idea for free select tool

On 07/14/2013 08:44 AM, Ben Thurston wrote:
I thought it might be interesting if this algorithm I made could be
incorporated somehow into the free select tool, it is a way to infer a
smooth curve through an ordered set of points, different than polynomial
interpolation or Bezier curves.
http://benpaulthurstonblog.blogspot.com/2013/07/constructing-smooth-curve-from-set-of.html

How do you define "smooth"? With Bézier splines, it means that the tangents at the anchors points are collinear. By construction, your algorithm makes them not so, and it just strives to reduce the angle by multiple iterations. Do you have an estimation of how many iterations you need before the angles are no longer visible?