Re: [Gimp-developer] Inserting URL's

On Tue, 2013-01-01 at 17:52 +0000, Paul McCarthy wrote:
> Hi. I have GIMP 2.8 and I've been looking everywhere to tell me how to
> insert a URL into an image or layer.

It depends on what you mean.

1. you want the text of the URL ("http://www.example.org/";) to appear in
the image...
(1) select the text tool ("t")
(2) type the URL directly on the canvas

A variant of this is to go to tool options, with the text tool active,
and check the "use editor" button, and then you can paste the text of
the URL into the editor.

2. you want to load an image that you found on the web

You can use File->open location to do this, or drag and drop a URL (a
Web address) e.g. the icon to the left of the Web browser's address bar,
onto the gimp toolbox or onto an image.

Remember that images published on the Web are subject to copyright laws
of course.

3. you want to load something other than an image

Please tell us more clearly what you want to do. For example, there's a
plugin to render a Web page as an image, or you could use
file->create->screenshot.

Hope this helps.

Liam