[Gimp-developer] ImageMap plugin crashed

Hello,

I open an image in Gimp 2.8.5 and open the Imagemap plugin. I edited the default URL in Map Info (Mapping -> Edit Map Info...) inside quotes ( example: "www.gimp.org" ) and saved the imagemap. While loading the same map file I get the following message:

Plug-in crashed: "imagemap"
(/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/imagemap)

The dying plug-in may have messed ip GIMP's internal state.
You may want to save your images and restart GIMP to be
on the safe side.

Is that a Bug?
Or is it by default? If so it should show an error message and should not be save.

K Sashi Kumar