[Gimp-developer] Name of "company" and location

Dear GIMP developers,

I am working on my Master's thesis at the University of New Hampshire and I used your program to edit some photographs.  I'd like to be able to cite GIMP properly, I need the name of the most "parent company".  I know that this really isn't a company per se, rather a group, but something equivalent would be good for the thesis.  Also where is GIMP "based", I know its a internet entity, but where should I cite as the company location?  Should I put Berkeley, CA where it started?  If someone could respond to me via email (christopher wells 23 gmail com) that would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your time.

Christopher Wells