Re: [Gimp-developer] [Gimp-user] Why so COMPLICATED?

On 27 December 2013 16:22, Sam Gleske <sam mxracer gmail com> wrote:
Original message below.  I see a good feature recommendation here.  Sliders
for fuzzy selection in the select Tool Options dialogs.  I think it would
be useful.

Well, that is there since...forever!
The task at hand here is somewaht different - giving
control to fuzzy out the contents on paste - that makes the difference,
for two things:
1) you can see the "final result" as you play along with the silder
2) you make the pasted content fuzzy so that it has
100% transparency on its border. With fuzzy selections,
you get 50% transparency on the border, before cutting. After pasting,
one has to go through all the steps listed above, and they are
quite a few.