Re: [Gimp-developer] Enhancement request to GIMP

On 17 April 2013 03:55, Boudewijn Rempt <boud valdyas org> wrote:
On Wednesday 17 April 2013 Apr 01:14:39 Liam R E Quin wrote:
On Tue, 2013-04-16 at 18:08 -0400, Arwa Hamid wrote:

  To enhance the usability, when the user starts
the software, I suggest the following, a box can be popped up asking if he wants
to create a new image or open an existing image and response directly instead of
the user pressing on file, then press on create or open.

Krita does this, iirc.

Yeah... And it gives us no end of complaints, too. It seems that about half of the people I talk to love
it, the other half hates it. We have had one usability study done at a Finnish university that concluded
that it's no big problem, but also no advantage at all.

I, for one, should be counted on the half who hate it.

   js
 -><-