[Gimp-developer] Fwd: Interested in Gsoc 2013 [Implement the combined selection tool]

Hi,
I am Ajay Ramanathan 3rd year undergraduate  at Indian Institute of Technology; Khragpur. I am interested in contributing to GIMP.I am interested in implementing the combined selection tool.I have attached a rough draft of the proposed idea/tool to be implemented.
Can anyone Advice/Comment/Suggest Improvements on my Idea

I have already compiled GIMP from the Source,
Can someone from the community advice me on how to get started from this point?
Or should I start working on little bit of code related to this Idea.

Link to Idea/Interactive Design: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4-CvVPAtp87b1NQNG5RRUhzUEk/edit?usp=sharing