Re: [Gimp-developer] building git on SuSE 12.2

Am Monday 22 October 2012 18:00:23 schrieb Jon Nordby:
> On 22 October 2012 16:52, Dexter Filmore <Dexter Filmore gmx de> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I made some futile attempts to build git on SuSE 12.2 but as soon as I
> > try and build gegl it claims that babl (which I just built and pointed
> > autogen for gegl at) does not exist.
> >

> > So far I hacked up some scripts, the babl script for example looks like
> > this:
> >
> > #!/bin/bash
> > export PATH=/opt/gimp-git/bin:$PATH
> > export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/gimp-git/lib/pkgconfig
> > export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/gimp-git/lib
> > export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I /opt/gimp-git/share/aclocal $ACLOCAL_FLAGS"
> > export XDG_DATA_DIRS=/opt/gimp-git/share
> >
> > cd babl
> > ./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/gimp-git && make
> >

> > which then results in babl being installed in /opt/gimp-git
>
> Not unless you also run "make install"? ;)

Ahem, of course I ran make install :}

> If that is not the problem, check that "babl.pc" ends up in the
> expected directory ($libdir/pkgconfig) and that PKG_CONFIG_PATH is set
> accordingly.

  Found babl-pc in /opt/gimp-git/lib64/pkgconfig:

dexter@shodan:/opt/gimp-git/lib64/pkgconfig$ cat babl.pc
prefix=/opt/gimp-git
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib64
includedir=${prefix}/include

Name: babl
Version: 0.1.11
Cflags: -I${includedir}/babl-0.1
Libs: -L${libdir} -lbabl-0.1 -lm

  When I check on PKG_CONFIG_PATH from console, it is empty.
I think that's the problem, but I'm not that deep into the field that I'm
sure. Could be some gtk devel files are missing. gtk2-devel is there, but I
wouldn't know what else I need.