Re: [Gimp-developer] Many thanks!!!!!!

On Mon, 2012-10-22 at 14:30 +0000, Gertenrehn, Cecilia wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am a teacher in sweden, and i just want to say thank you for the great work you do.
> Me, and the people i know who work with art in school (I work with the age 12-15).. are so happy that gimp exist.
> Since we have no budget to buy programs to the kids computers, Gimp saves many art teachers work.
>
> There is a school law that says that the kids have to learn picture manipulating programs in school, so without gimp, i think many teacher
> wouldt be able to complete their mission as teachers.
>
> I just want you to know, how important your work is. It i not only a "fun tool"… it is necessary. The kids learn how to work with pictures. They also understand better how media fools us with adds on skinny girls and perfect skins. This makes them feel better about them selves and they become more critical to pictures they meet in real life and in media. (Also the kids love to work with gimp.)
>
> I am an advanced user of photoshop, and i never thought it would be possible to teach something that close to photoshop to my students.
>
> Also you do an excellent job on developing the program. =)
>
> I am going to donate the little money i have left this year on the art-school budget, if i am allowed to do so.  =) And i am going to tell the art teacher colleagues i know on our internet page, to do the same. You deserve that.
>
> I wish you all a great day, week, year.. and so on. Hug each other and celebrate yourself.
>
> And when you have a bad day, think of us, struggling teachers in sweden, which have an easier job, thanks to you.
>
> BIG HUGS FROM SWEDEN!

Thank you Cecilia, we are all collectively blushing!

It's really nice to get mail like this, in between all the
complaints :) About the donation, that would of course be
appreciated, but if you can spend it on something else that's
useful for the kids, go ahead and do that instead :)

Regards from the GIMP team,
--Mitch