Re: [Gimp-developer] About GimpImageType, image and layers

On 10/06/2012 08:30 AM, Jehan Pagès wrote:
Hi,

I have a question about the GimpImageType of layers.
checking several plugins, I see that the GimpImageType
(http://developer.gimp.org/api/2.0/libgimpbase/libgimpbase-gimpbaseenums.html#GimpImageType)
is queried for each layer. But as a simple user, this is set
Image-wide in Gimp, not for each layer. Are there actual cases where
the GimpImageType can be different on different layers of the same
image?
Thanks.

You can mix layers with and without alpha.