Re: [Gimp-developer] Save/export, option to go back to old behaviour

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 12:36:30 -0500, Liam R E Quin wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-11-16 at 12:04 -0500, Robert Krawitz wrote:
>> On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 11:40:41 -0500, Liam R E Quin wrote:
>
>> > If you are making use of layers, you're into GIMP territory, and into
>> > the territory where saving as JPEG and losing the layers can be a
>> > problem.
>>
>> Emphasis on *can be*.  But not always.
>
> Of course. You can drive without seatbelts if you like. You're cleverer
> than I am and more careful, and never have accidents on those short
> trips. I've only been using GIMP since 1998. But there have been times
> I've regretted not having layers in the saved file.

Well, as it happens, this *has* happened on occasion.  But the current
solution wouldn't have solved the problem for me anyway, since the
regret was after the fact (after I already would have exported it and
exited GIMP).

> GIMP isn't about to revert the change. Use a script, or get used to
> control-shift-e instead of control-shift-s.

Which still doesn't solve the problem of an exported image not being
considered saved, and prompting me.

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk alum mit edu>

MIT VI-3 1987 - Congratulations MIT Engineers men's hoops Final Four!

--Eric Crampton