Re: [Gimp-developer] Update on my Gimp color management coding efforts

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 5:13 PM, Liam R E Quin <liam holoweb net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-11-08 at 15:29 -0500, Elle Stone wrote:
> [...]
>> In the existing "image color space to monitor color space" code, the
>> image RGB values are converted to 8 bits *before* the RGB values are
>> sent to the code that converts from the image color space to the
>> monitor profile.
>
> And here I am with 11 significant bits in colour specifications
> according to the video card, and 10-bit colour on the monitor, and
> 32-bit (10+10+10+2 alpha) visuals in X11...

There have been no claims that the current code does something
reasonable yet; at the moment I am at the color management hackfest in
Brno, among other things arguing for GIMP and other high fidelity
applications needs to not go through yet another 8bit -> 8bit LUT with
additional quantization problems. :)

                                                 -- William Gibson
@hodefoting