Re: [Gimp-developer] Official 2.8 Windows installer?

Jeremy Morton <admin <at> game-point.net> writes:

> Now that GIMP 2.8 is officially out, shouldn't we (with some urgency)
> get an official Windows installer for it near the top of the downloads page:
> http://www.gimp.org/downloads/
>
> We still have the 2.6.12 installer linked.

And what about making life easier for Linux users? There's a PPA that Ubuntu
and Mint users can add: ppa:otto-kesselgulasch/gimp (which I just did).
I think it's worth adding it to the download page.
It's also worth explicitly adding the "Mint" name there along with Ubuntu -
it's become quite popular lately.