Re: [Gimp-developer] Re-distributing your Application with OpenLX Linux Distribution

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 2:21 PM, vivek kumar wrote:
> Dear Friend,
>
> I am writing to you on behalf of OpenLX Linux distribution.
> Launched in 2005, OpenLX Linux has users in over 30 countries with over
> 2,00,000 downloads so far. OpenLX Linux is free to download and earlier
> versions are available at www.openlx.com
> The next version will also be available for free download from internet.
>
> We would like to add your application ( GIMP 2.6.12 ) to the next version of
> OpenLX Linux.
>

> Please let us know if there is any objection to this, or if it requires any
> agreement between you and us for doing this.

Hi Vivek,

If you really create a Linux distribution, the prerequisite is to know
and understand GPL v3+ that GIMP is licensed under :)

And yes, it does allow redistribution.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org