[Gimp-developer] GIMP on a tablet form factor

Nowadays lots of ARM based embedded boards such as RaspberryPi, CuBox etc
showoff their prowess using XBMC where XBMC has been optimized on ARM
architecture. I wanted a similar thing for GIMP where instead of a desktop +
touch tablet, I would like to use all the features of GIMP but on a tablet
form factor such as Kindle/iPad etc. Today Adobe came out with PS Touch but
it has fallen short of my expectations.
Question is: can GIMP fill that vaccum ? Or are their as powerful tools for
these touch pads in the market which I have missed ?