Re: [Gimp-developer] (no subject)

On 6/19/12, Øyvind Kolås <pippin gimp org> wrote:

> None of the ICC profile handling in GIMP deals with GEGL or higher
> bitdepths - at the start and end of all these code paths things go
> through 8bpc; and probably behave similarly to how they do in 2.8 -
> there shouldn't be much of a difference.
>
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 4:10 PM, Elle Stone <l elle stone gmail com> wrote:
>> Is this a permanent state of affairs?
>
> No, it means that the code converting between color profiles is
> unchanged and has almost not been touched as part of the conversion to
> use GEGL, in other words it is still 8bit, you or anyone elses
> contribution to fix this would be welcome - but it is unlikely as high
> priority as making other important things work fully.
>
> /Ø

Hi /Ø,

My apologies, I think I accidentally emailed you off-list.

The last bit of code that I wrote was a rewrite of the dcraw c code to
make it floating point and to incorporate some of the great
interpolation algorithms that the dcraw default c code doesn't
include.

That does't make me a "real" programmer, just a "programmer wannabe".
Nonetheless, getting color conversion right is important enough to me
that I'd like to take a look at the code and see what I can do.

However, Babl/Gegl/Gimp is a whole lot of code broken into a whole lot
of files. If someone could maybe tell me which files handle color
conversion, I would try my best to make sense of it all.

Elle

--
Elle Stone
http://ninedegreesbelow.com