Re: [Gimp-developer] Update and apology

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 8:33 PM, Akira Tanaka <artfoundry87 yahoo com> wrote:
Yesterday, I wrote a letter out of frustration in regards to GIMP. I feel that my actions were juvenile, immature and socially unacceptable. I haven't bothered to update the software and in a fit of misguided and dumb rage, I unleashed that attack against those who did not deserve it. I'm not a victim, I just made a foolish mistake out of anger. And for that I apologize. I meant no disrespect to any of you and I'm pretty sure I'd give GIMP another chance with its newest version. So please disregard everything that was said in "a letter of complaint."

Thank you

Anywho, here's the problem that I faced with GIMP yesterday. There is a PSD file converted from SAI that I tried opening with GIMP. I was able to beforehand up until that morning in which an error message popped up saying "unsupported compression mode." I wasn't sure why I was getting this error, because I could open up the file beforehand without penalty. I probably don't deserve any pointers after that episode from yesterday, but just thought I'd bring up what happened now that I've put things into perspective.

It would make sense submitting the file to the bug tracker so that it could be looked at.

The PSD import plug-in was last looked at quite a long time ago, and the person who rewrote it isn't available presently (at least, I haven't heard from him for last three years), but if there's a bug, it should be tracked.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org