Re: [Gimp-developer] gimp 2.8 prohibitively slow

> Von: Guiu Rocafort <neandertalspeople gmail com>

> I'm actually very novice yet and my knowledge on GIMP internals is pretty
> limited. So, those more expert developers: What do you think ? Would it be
> difficult to compile GIMP with gprof ? Would it be really useful for
> improving GIMP performance ?

The first steps should be a research in the mailing list archives and in Bugzilla to identify and verify known causes of performance problems:

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list/

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=GIMP

Regards,
Michael